Starting with the Board and executive officers, CAPS is entirely a volunteer-based organization. This helps keep costs down and ensures all funding goes to providing education and support for our members. To keep things running smoothly, volunteers assist in a variety of areas, and time commitments are as little as a couple hours a month.
Many of our volunteers have a personal connection to Parkinson’s Disease, such as a family member who is dealing with PD. Other volunteers come from the Central Texas medical community and other organizations that provide ancillary services. Volunteers don’t need to have a connection to Parkinson’s Disease.
Here are just a few examples of how you help CAPS . . .
- Helping during our monthly Membership meetings
- Writing articles for the CAPS newsletter
- Assisting a facilitator with a PD local support group
- Providing transportation to/from a meeting for a member
- Supporting the organization’s business and administrative needs
- Expanding our social media presence on Facebook, Twitter and Linkedin
- Increasing awareness of CAPS in the local media
- And more!
Willing to lend us a hand? You’ll join a dedicated team of individuals who are committed to making a difference in Central Texas for those with Parkinson’s Disease. Learn more about Board Member roles and responsibilities, and how you can become involved . . .
To get started, simply send an email to [email protected] or call us at 512-371-3373. Please tell us a little about yourself and how you would like to help.